A number of new developments emerged from the March 2017 Rocky Mountain Humanistic Counseling and Psychological Association Board Meeting. We wanted to provide members with an update on what will be coming in 2017.
- RMHCPA has begun preparations to be able to offer continuing education events in Colorado.
- We are planning our first annual conference for this summer and hope to have the final dates along with a call for papers announced soon.
- We are planning a pre-conference workshop focusing on working with individuals who have experienced or work with marginalized and oppressed groups.
- Following the conference, we are planning a day of community service in which we will offer programs for the community on topics such as “How to Talk to your Children About Racism” and “Self-care for Advocates and Activists.” We also plan to offer free groups for children and teenagers to talk about their experience with bullying and prejudice.
- We established three new RMHCPA Awards: Lifetime Achievement Award, Lifetime Service Award, and Distinguished Student Paper Award. Each year, we will have a call for nominations and awards will be given at our annual conference.
These are just some of the exciting things we are planning for 2017! If you are a mental health professional or student and have not yet joined, we hope you will consider joining soon.
Louis Hoffman, PhD
President, Rocky Mountain Humanistic Counseling & Psychological Association