The Rocky Mountain Humanistic Counseling and Psychological Association (RMHCPA) is committed to providing regular Continuing Education offerings in the Rocky Mountain Region. If you are interested in developing a Continuing Education event, consider the following information and then contact us:
- RMHCPA prefers to offer workshops and trainings for CE credit when possible, although we do consider others. To develop a CE program, consider the following:
- Presenters need to be able to demonstrate relevant expertise to present on the topic for CE credit. This should be evident in your CV.
- The workshop should be relevant to the the practice of psychology (therapy, supervision, consultation, etc.)
- You need to be able to develop clear, realistic goals for your workshop.
- CE programs must be relevant to humanistic psychology, which includes existential, transpersonal, Gestalt, and other similar approaches aligned with the “third force” of psychology.
- You must be willing to help market any program that you develop.
- Generally we do not work to develop workshops with individuals who are not members of RMHCPA.
- We do not, in general, accept proposals that are intended to be marketed for-profit. RMHCPA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation. Our intent is to offer affordable CEs to the humanistic community in the Rocky Mountains. We intend to keep the rates for most of our events affordable. Fees are intended to cover the costs of the CE workshop and marketing as well as supporting the ongoing mission of RMHCPA.
CE events are co-sponsored with the Society for Humanistic Psychology and the Rocky Mountain Humanistic Counseling and Psychological Association. CEs are provided through the Society for Humanistic Psychology. Division 32 (Society for Humanistic Psychology) of the American Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Division 32 (Society for Humanistic Psychology) of the American Psychological Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content.